Monday, October 4, 2021

Love someone

I often tell our daughter that she is my favorite daughter. And, I often tell our son that he is my favorite son. When one of them asks me, "But, who is your favorite child?", I always tell them that I don't have a favorite child, I love them both equally.

Our D-Life studied in Genesis 25 last night about Isaac and Rebekah having Esau and Jacob, and how Isaac loved Esau but Rebekah's favorite was Jacob. Now, of course, I am sure that both parents loved both sons, but, they obviously had a favorite, which probably caused friction and trouble between the two. As parents, we should try to love our children equally, with no favoritism.

Today's word is John 13:34, NIV, which reads, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

GOD shows no favoritism; He loves us all equally the same. The Bible tells us that He sent His Son to die for whosoever believes. He didn't come and pay the price for sin for just a select few, He came for us all. I wasn't worth it; I could never measure up to be worth it, but, He loves me anyway. And, He loves you, too. 

I love my wife and children more than words could ever express. I am so blessed to have the blessing of living this life with them. I am more blessed that we will all live eternally together because GOD loves us all enough to make a way for us to be with Him. Go out today and love someone.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T 

No comments:

Post a Comment