Thursday, September 16, 2021

Sing Praise

Last night, after rehearsal, our music leader told us the story of how when he rides his bike, which he does often, he has a worship song playlist just for bike riding that he listens to. He went on to say that even if he is not in the best of moods, listening to music that is praising GOD eventually lifts his spirit. And, when he completes his bike ride, he is in a much better mood.

I love to sing. I have mentioned before that I am not a great singer but I will, and do, sing almost constantly. There is nothing that moves my soul quite like music. The old saying is that "music soothes the savage beast". The truth is, though, that music soothes us all, especially when it is the right type of music.

Today's word is Psalm 9:2, NKJV, which reads, "I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

What or Whom do you rejoice in? The old song reminds us that the "Only real peace that I have, dear LORD, is in You..." We can rejoice in what GOD has done for us, in what He has given us, in what He has prepared for us!" There is so much to rejoice in GOD about. If I were to sit down and start writing out all the blessings He has bestowed upon me, I would be writing from now until He calls me home. Rejoice!

And, sing! Sing praise to the One that has been, is, and will be. Sing praise to the One that did, does, and will do. Sing praise to the One that has provided everything and continues to meet our needs each and every day! You may just find that your song of praise will lift your spirits, and maybe those around you.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment