Thursday, September 2, 2021

He Loves Us

The older I get, the more I wonder how my parents put up with me. I was not the best of children. I probably wasn't the worst either, but, I certainly was not the best. I had my moments that I am sure that had my parents not loved me, they would have beaten me to within an inch of my life. However, they never did.

I can say the same for GOD. I am sure there are times that He would like to really get a hold of me and correct me, times that I needed that. There have probably been times when He probably wanted to take me out of this world because I was certainly messing things up, yet He didn't.  Why?

Today's word is Lamentations 3:22, NIV, which reads, "Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail."

We are not consumed because of our sin or disobedience because GOD loves us. Just as our parents didn't take us out because they love us. Just as we love our children and show them mercy and compassion because we love them. Only more. GOD'S love for us is deeper and more pure and perfect. He LOVES US!

And, His love for us, His mercy for us, His compassion for us NEVER fails. He always loves us even on our worst day. Now, that is something to consider. We will all mess it up from time to time but we can be assured that GOD still loves us, and He wants us to come to Him with our burdens and problems. When we do that, we will find our Heavenly Father wrapping His arms around us and loving us.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment