Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Living Hope

I awoke this morning with a song going through my head. Sometimes, I have no doubt that the songs stuck in my head come because we have sung them recently or because I have heard it recently, and both of those are true with this one. However, I also think the songs are often a reminder of how good and gracious and merciful GOD is, and I think that is the case for this song.

The song this morning is Living Hope by Phil Wickham. The last line of the chorus is "JESUS CHRIST my Living Hope", which reminds me this morning that this world is not our final destination. But, it also reminds me that I serve a risen SAVIOR; He is alive and well and sitting on the right hand of GOD making intercession for me. Those facts give me great peace and comfort and encouragement.

Today's word is 1 Peter 1:3, NIV, which reads, "Praise be to the GOD and Father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of JESUS CHRIST from the dead."

Our faith is not dead. As Christians we are not looking for an answer to what happens when I die. We know that we will live forever with our LORD and SAVIOR because He lives. We can rest assured and know, without a doubt, that this life is only a vapor and eternity will be spent worshipping and praising the One Who paid our debt. We know that there is more to come. AND...

And, we can also rest assured that we are not walking alone in this life. Our SAVIOR is ALIVE. Yes, He gave His life for us, He died upon the cross, BUT, He is not dead! We aren't going to a grave to pray to Him. We aren't going to a tomb to seek Him. We aren't "hoping" to do enough to get to meet Him. We know that He is alive, that He hears our prayers, that He is working all things for our good, and that our prayers are to a living and holy GOD. We have Living Hope.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment