Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Get Some Rest

I have missed a couple of days because I have slept until the alarm sounded, which doesn't leave me enough time in the morning to get a post completed. Normally, I awake and arise way before the alarm sounds, but, sometimes, I am tired and what my body apparently needs is the few extra minutes of sleep.

I think we all probably push ourselves way too hard and are way busier than we truly need to be. I can only speak for myself but there is always something going on, something to do, something to get done, somewhere to go, etc. And, if we allow it, it can overtake us and overwhelm us. Sometimes, we have to stop.

Today's word is John 11:12, NKJV, which reads, "Then His disciples said, 'LORD, if he sleeps he will get well."

In the passage today, Lazarus dies, and JESUS tells His disciples that "Our friend, Lazarus, sleeps but I am going there to awake him" (my paraphrase). To which the disciples replied what is said in our word for the day. Of course, JESUS was telling His disciples that Lazarus was dead and He was going to raise him from the dead, but, we also know that when we sleep in the LORD, we are more alive than ever.

However, while the disciples thought that Lazarus was truly just asleep, their statement is absolutely true. We need rest and relaxation in order for our bodies to restore and get well. It is absolutely a sin to be a sluggard and slothful. It is also bad to not stop every now and again and get some rest.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment