Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Love them anyway

Years ago, I knew someone that just loved to hate. We were having a discussion about this one afternoon and I mentioned that the Bible tells us that if we say we hate someone that is like murdering them in GOD'S eye. And, how can we say we love GOD but hate our brother? To this, he replied, "Well, there are some people that I just hate, and GOD will just have to understand that."

There are people that think it is okay to hate. I can honestly say that I don't know of anyone that I hate. Do I dislike some of the things that certain people do? Yes. Do I dislike some of the ways people act? Yes. Do I know people that it is best that I am not around because, we just don't see eye to eye and we don't gee and haw? Yes. But, there is not a soul that I hate.

Today's word is 1 John 4:8, NKJV, which reads, "He who does not love does not know GOD, for GOD is love."

This scripture tells us that if we hate someone, then, we don't really know GOD. I wonder how I can not love someone, especially given the fact that GOD loves me. I don't deserve His love. I don't merit His kindness and goodness. Yet, He gives it to me because He loves me. And, if He can love me, with all my faults and failures, why can I not love everyone else?

Look there will always be those that are not good matches for us. There will be those that just get on our last nerve and it is best that we are not together. There will always be those who do things that we do not like. But, GOD loves us, so, love them anyway.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment