Thursday, August 5, 2021

Encourage Someone

 I've been gone to a conference all week, which has had its challenges but it, also, had its blessings. We are definitely in a season of concern with the pandemic raging on and seemingly getting worse each day. So, there were the concerns that go along with that, and rightfully so. But, it was so nice to see people and to interact with people and to feel "normal" for just a few days.

I have shared with others that for me, a social person that needs interaction, the pandemic has been hard for me. I LOVE my wife and family. There are no others in this world that I would rather be with than them. But, I love seeing people and communicating and fellowshipping with others, too. 

Our word for today is 1 Thessalonians 5:11, ESV, which reads, "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

It is nice to get with others and feel the encouragement and edification that you can give one another. It is great to get with others and get lifted up just by being together. The old saying that has proven itself true time and again is, "There is strength in numbers," which is true if you are trying to accomplish something, but, it is equally true in encouraging one another.

I don't know where we are headed, pandemic-wise in the days and weeks to come; I am not sure that anyone is. What I do know is that I need a little encouraging from time to time, and I bet others do, too. So, when you get the chance, take the opportunity to encourage someone. 

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment