Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hope and Cheer

Trish and I have had times in our lives that have been very trying and concerning that GOD has always worked to our good. One that I like to tell folks about is years ago, when Trish and I were newly married, I worked in a foundry, which was good work but long hours. We would work twelve hours a day, most every Saturday, and many Sundays. There was not a lot of off time.

During this time, I told Trish that I would like to look for a new job but there was no way to get the time off to do so; we were working all the time. We prayed that GOD would provide some direction, give us some idea of what we needed to do. I wanted to spend more time with Trish, I always do. I needed to provide for my family. I didn't want to work eighty hours a week, yet, there was no time off to try and find something else. It was difficult.

Today's word is Psalm 94:19, NLT, which reads, "When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

When it seems that there is no peace, no rest, no direction, there is only One place to turn - GOD. He has it all under control. He is working it all for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. He is already in tomorrow, and next week, and next year. He knows what we need, even before we realize that we need it. When you find yourself troubled or burdened with doubts, turn to Him.

So, how did it all work out? I'm glad you asked. GOD closed the foundry. It was as if He was saying, "Alright, you want a different job but can't get time off to find it. Okay, then, I will eliminate the hindrance to that pursuit." Well, guess what? That brought on a different set of concerns and doubts, which when I turned them over to GOD, He comforted me and gave me hope and cheer.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment