Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Won't have to be afraid

There is a song, Trust in You, by Lauren Daigle, that our daughter LOVES! She sings it all the time. She will tell you that Lauren Daigle is her girl. I am glad there are Christian artists making great music. I am more grateful that there are Christians who are artists, making positive differences in kids lives, mine included.

The song is a great song. It just simply says that, come what may, I will trust in the LORD. I'm not going to trust strength, which is fleeting, dreams, which are often unrealistic, or even tomorrow, which is not promised. However, I am going to trust the ONE that is all powerful, who fulfills my every need, and knows what tomorrow holds.

Today's word is Psalm 56:3, NIV, which reads, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in You."

So many people put their trust in all the wrong things. I once had an uncle, by marriage, that smoked like a tar kiln and drank fairly heavily that was quite sure that he would live to be over 100 simply because his Mom made it to 98. Now, whether he makes it or not, he is currently 70ish, is not his to decide. He has his trust in genetics; mine is in JESUS!

We may not know what tomorrow will bring but we know Who controls it all - JESUS. You can put your trust in all the wrong things. OR, you can put your trust in the ONE REAL THING - JESUS. Put your trust in the LORD, and you won't have to be afraid.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment