Friday, June 22, 2018

Happy Anniversary

Alright, here's the deal, I am going to get a little mushy today. Sorry. Trish and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary this coming Monday. 30 years! It is hard to believe. If you've ever seen Trish, you know she doesn't look nearly old enough to be married 20 years, much less 30. But, anyway, we are just a few days away from a fairly large anniversary. And, I am so blessed.

I have shared before that when people say, "You two seem so happy. What's your secret?" I always say, "We don't seem happy; we are happy. And, there really is no great secret. We put GOD first and each other second. If you will do that, everything else will fall into place." And, over the last almost 30 years, we have seen it do exactly that.

So, a little mushy, I know, but, today's word is a quote from Barbara De Angelis, that says, "Marriage is not a noun, it's a verb. It isn't something you get, it's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day."

Trish and I have been extremely, happily married for almost 30 years because we work on it. We choose to love one another, to always love one another. I am sure there have been times that she has wanted to wring my neck, yet, she allows love to prevail and loves me anyway.

I pray everyone has a chance to experience what Trish and I have. As I have said so often, I am truly blessed. Happy Anniversary!

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment