Friday, March 10, 2017

GOD'S Still Working on Me

There's a song we used to sing called, "He's still working on me" that goes, "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the Earth, Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be, 'Cause He's still working on me."

We all have some growing to do. Now, there are lots of folks far, far ahead of where I am, and where I certainly should be, but He is still working. Aren't you glad that our Father is GOD Almighty, Who loves us so much that He cannot love us more and that we can't do anything to make Him love us less? He knows us. He knows our flaws, our failures, our warts, our shortcomings, and yet He LOVES us.

Today's word is a quote from Rick Warren that says, "GOD changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls, and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He's working on you too."

I still have so far to go that I am ashamed. But, when I look back, I know that I am not what I used to be. GOD has made me a completely different person from the person I was. Perfect? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I am as far from perfect as any person can be. However, I am a child of the King, a joint heir with CHRIST, the problem child that needs extra attention, the child whom GOD adores and is willing to invest His efforts in to form into something useful. I pray every day that I can be exactly that - useful for His service.

Been feeling pressure? Been feeling as if what you are going through will never end? It takes 28 - 38 days for a caterpillar to become a butterfly, including egg and larvae stages. It may take twenty years or more for a pearl to be made. And, who knows how long and how much pressure it takes to form a diamond? Just know that GOD is at work. He is doing something in your life that will make you more of what you need to be. I know because GOD'S still working on me.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment