Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Submit to His calling

I have always had a bit of a rebellious streak. I don't know why, it has just always been there. I haven't done anything drastic and life changing. However, there have been many occasions when I have done things just to be doing them, just to let others know that I am a man and I make my own decisions.

Sometimes, I have been rebellious towards GOD and what He would have me to do. I would love to deny that, too, but, the facts are facts. He has led me to divine appointments, to opportunities to be used by Him, and I have refused to do it. Maybe it was out of fear, maybe it was out of insecurity, maybe it was out of stubbornness, maybe it was a combination of it all, but the end result was rebellion.

I have prayed hard that GOD would be able to use me and that I would do as He led. I want so much to be useful to Him, and used by Him. First, though, I have to get rid of that rebellious nature that will arise from time to time. How about you? Do you have a rebellious nature?

Today's word is Psalm 39:8, NLT, which reads, "Rescue me from my rebellion. Do not let fools mock me."

Our rebellion isn't only not doing what GOD wants us to do, not only steals our joy and opportunities to be used by GOD, but, also, opens us up for ridicule from those that we need to reach the most. BUT, GOD can remove the rebellion and make us useful for His purposes. Let's pray for GOD to help us submit to His calling.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment