Friday, July 1, 2016

It will be on me

You've probably heard me mention before that if you compare yourself to me, you will probably come out looking pretty good. However, I am not the example, the measuring stick, the barometer you should be comparing yourself to. We will all be judged according to our own selves, our own actions or inactions, our own sins.

It's easy and often that we find ourselves looking at the sins of others and thinking, "Well, at least I'm not as bad as they are." Yet, sin is sin. While some sins are more heinous and more revolting, the fact is that all sin is sin - all sin is disobedience to the will of GOD. So, I truly try not to judge others; one day I will stand before the One Holy and Just GOD and give an account for everything I've done.

Today's word is Ezekiel 18:20b, NLT, which reads, "...Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness."

I won't give an account for anyone but myself, and neither will you. However, we will give an account for ourselves, individually. Whatever I have done in this life, good or bad, I will give an account for. And, those things I have done, good or bad, aren't compared to the majority, they are compared to JESUS and the will of GOD. If what I have done is in GOD'S will, it will be counted unto me as righteousness. If what I have done is outside of GOD'S will, it'll be counted unto me as wickedness (sin). Same goes for you.

We have all sinned and come short of the glory of GOD - ALL. However, if you have confessed your sins and turned from your sinful ways, GOD will forgive you and cleanse you. You see, it's not about how you stack up against me or how I stack up against you. You won't give an account for me, and vice versa. I pray for GOD'S forgiveness because what I have done will be on me.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment