Thursday, November 4, 2021

What is right and true

I am not a good liar. I did not say that I am not a liar; I have lied many times, I am just not good at it. Before you get the wrong impression, I am not proud or boastful about lying.  I am just admitting that I am not good at it. As a matter of fact most of us aren't.

Once you start telling a lie, it is hard to keep up with what lie you have told to what person. Sooner or later you are going to get the lies mixed up, then, you have to tell another lie to try and make the first lie seem plausible. When this begins, it is just one lie after another, after another. So, it is simpler to just tell the truth, which is what I am working on, no lie.

Today's word is Psalm 34:13, NIV, which reads, "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies."

Today's verse reminds us of what we are talking about - don't lie. We are instructed to keep our tongue from evil: causing discord, being mean, saying ungodly things. And, to keep our lips from telling lies, which can be hurtful and harmful and more destructive than we often admit or can fathom while we are telling them.

I am going to work on being more truthful all the time. Pray for me that I will do exactly that. Then, pray about joining me, as we seek to stop lying and to start standing for what is right and true.

Be Blessed,

Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment