Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Where He wants us

Years ago, in a moment of weakness or poor judgement or complete unintelligence, I ran for a seat on the city council. I was a first time candidate, with no name recognition, with no prior experience of any kind. I had a lot of help getting flyers out and we canvassed the entire district; we worked really hard. And, on election night, in a five-person race, we found ourselves in a runoff against a former council member.

So, we campaigned for another three (3) or four (4) weeks. I made it a goal to personally knock on every single door in the district, which we did. Then, on the night of the runoff election, we lost. In hindsight, it was the biggest blessing I could have received, though I didn't know it or understand it at the time. 

Today's word is Lamentations 3:25, ESV, which reads, "The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him."

While I didn't understand the blessing of losing nor the blessing that not being on the city council was at that moment, I have since come to realize that GOD was protecting me and keeping me in ways that I could have never imagined. He knew that I wasn't ready for something like that. He knew the plans He had for me, and that was not part of it. I am grateful that He led me to do it, and more grateful that His plan was executed.

Sometimes, we have difficulty trying to figure out why things are happening the way they are. But, if we are faithful and wait for GOD to reveal His plan, in His time, we may just find out that we are exactly where He wants us to be. 

Be Blessed,

Mickey T 

No comments:

Post a Comment