Thursday, January 14, 2021

Inner Beauty

I am married to a very pretty lady. However, as pretty as she is on the outside, she is more beautiful on the inside, where it really matters. We all know of some really beautiful people, physically, that are not so beautiful morally. 

There is an old saying that beauty is only skin deep, which is absolutely true with physical beauty. Again, physical beauty is nothing compared to moral and spiritual beauty. And, we all know that physical beauty is fleeting. I have never been a good looking guy but I certainly don't look like I did when I was twenty. Physical beauty is fleeting, but, true inward beauty is eternal.

Today's word is Proverbs 31:30, NIV, which reads, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

We all know that the physical body breaks down over time. We can do things, such as exercise and eat a good balanced diet, to try to preserve it a little, but it is going to break down. After a while, the joints don't work like they used to; the tendons and ligaments and muscles aren't as strong as they used to be; the skin isn't as soft and smooth as it once was. The physical body and physical appearance is ever changing. 

On the flip side, the inner soul is forever growing stronger and getting more and more beautiful, if we are strengthening it and feeding it properly. Thank You, LORD, for my wife, whose inner beauty I fail miserably to describe. 

Be Blessed,

Mickey T  

1 comment:

  1. You make me feel beautiful!
    Psalms 139:14
    I REALLY DO LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete