Monday, January 11, 2021

Sing It

I will be the first to admit that I am not much of a singer or guitar player, though I do them both to the best of my ability. I grew up in a singing family, as I have probably mentioned before. No, we weren't professional singers, we didn't put on concerts, but everyone in my family sung. 

We would sing the old county songs from Jim Reeves, Marty Robins, Charlie Pride, Tennessee Ernie Ford, and others. As we got older, we sang the rock songs that were popular at the time, and still are today. And, of course, we sang gospel songs constantly. 

Today's word is Psalm 145:3, NLT, which reads, "Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure His greatness."

I love to sing praises to GOD! Again, I am not very good at it, and I seldom get requests, but, my heart loves to sing His praises. There is something about music that lifts the spirit; it is even more powerful when you are singing the praises of the One Who is most worthy of our praise.

Maybe you are a professional singer, maybe you are not much of a singer like me, or maybe you are somewhere between. Regardless of your ability, GOD is worthy of our praise. Sing it!

Be Blessed,

Mickey T 

No comments:

Post a Comment