Friday, November 20, 2015

Let's be Honorable

When you hear the word, "honorable," what comes to mind? I think of someone being named "Honorable Mention". They didn't make the first team or even the second team but, they are worthy of mention. Don't you want to be worthy of mention?

I am sure that I am mentioned in a lot of conversations; probably just before someone spits. But, in all honesty, I think it is a desire of us all to be honorable and worthy of mention. Yet, I think we sometimes forget that in order to be worthy of mention, we must be honorable.

Today's word is 2 Corinthians 8:21, NLT, which reads, "We are careful to be honorable before the LORD, but we also want everyone else to see that we are honorable."

I think there are some really insightful words in this verse if we break it down a little. The first part is that we are careful to be honorable before the LORD. I think we all find ourselves on our best behavior at church, around "church folk", around those things that are godly. But, are we as careful with the last part, "BUT, we also want everyone else to see that we are honorable."

I want GOD to find me worthy. I also want others to see that I am worthy of GOD'S blessings and goodness. Let's strive to be honorable - before GOD and others.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment