Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Self-righteousness

I hate politics. Hate it. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all about government; we have to have those who overlook things locally, state-wide, nationally, and internationally. No doubt, though, that we are no longer a government of the people, FOR the people, and by the people. It seems that we are a government of those who a good speakers and can persuade others to back them with funding, and who, in return for that backing, promise the moon and will sell themselves out to deliver. But, I digress...

The reason I hate politics is all the mud-slinging. It seems that you can never get anyone to tell the truth about themselves; they only want to tell the untruths of others. I have to refer back to the scripture that tells us to confess YOUR sins. We don't have to go around telling everyone how bad we are, there seems to be enough people out there that will confess it for you; thus, my problem with politics.

Today's word is Habakkuk 2:4, NLT, which reads, "Look at the proud! They trust in themselves, and their lives are crooked. But the righteous will live by their faithfulness to GOD."

So many people are trusting that they may be bad but at least they aren't as bad as someone else. While that may get you elected, it won't fly when you stand before GOD and give an account. Look, I've said before that if you compare your sinfulness to mine, you'll come out looking pretty good. But, we don't compare our righteousness to someone else's, we compare ourselves to GOD'S righteousness.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment