Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My splendor

I have had the opportunity in recent years to become more visible in certain areas. It seems that some people actually think I have something worth saying, and listening to. I hate to tell them that I don't so I play along. So, how did all this come about? I kept living.

It is quite apparent that the longer you live the more people inquire about your opinion; they think you possess wisdom. Why? Because you have lived life, you have been through some things, you have been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Some people relish this, like they have suddenly become smarter than the average bear, like they are suddenly a guru on life. Let me tell you the truth...

Today's word is Proverbs 20:29, NIV, which reads, "The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old."

If I start to think that I have arrived, that I have become suddenly intelligent and wise, all I really need to do is look in the mirror and see why everyone is interested in what I have to say. It's not because they can see the wisdom in my crow's feet; it's because they can see my gray hair, which is an indication that I have been there, done that.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am certainly honored when they ask. I am humbled that anyone would be interested in my thoughts. I am privileged to give an answer. But, it is certainly not because I am an expert - it's because I am old. And, getting old is certainly SPLENDID!

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment