Tuesday, November 13, 2012

All for the asking

There is a church message board sign between work and home that has read for the last couple of weeks, "You cannot live wrong and die right". There is certainly a lot of truth in that statement.

So many of us Christians tend to use our salvation as a "get out of jail free card". We tend to think that since we are saved, we can do virtually anything and not have to worry about it. I will say that once we are saved, there is nothing that can take our salvation. However, there is so much that can, and will, steal our witness and effectiveness.

Paul told the Galatians that they were using their liberty to justify sinning, and it ought not to be so. Listen, I am not coming down on anyone, I have my own numerous faults and failures. What I do know, though, is that I cannot continue doing something I know is wrong and die completely right. While I won't lose my salvation, I don't want to face the One Holy and Just GOD in that sinful state.

We ALL sin and come short of the glory of GOD. But, we shouldn't continue doing the same sinning and falling short of the glory of GOD. The message board is correct. You cannot live wrong and die right. However, if we will confess our sins, GOD is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

So, how are you living?  If you're not living right, GOD will forgive you and get you back on the path HE has for you. All you have to do is ask.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment