Thursday, November 8, 2012

Friends in low places

I have to admit that I like all kinds of music. I am a product of Pops, who loves old country (Hank Snow, Charlie Pride, Jim Reeves, Marty Robins, Johnny Horton, etc.), Mom, who got into early rock (Elvis, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Four Freshmen, etc.), and eighties "big hair" bands (Bon Jovi, Def Leperd, Ratt, Poison, etc.).

Today, I listen to all genres of music. While my favorite is contemporary Christian, I still like country and rock and classic rock and the old hymns. I like most all music. I did say most. I am a "words" man, and if the words are vulgar or nasty or inconsiderate, I am not going to listen to it, and you should be ashamed to also.

Anyway, there is a country song that Garth Brooks had a HUGE hit with that has led me to the thought for today. Today's word is a quote from Bob Marley, which reads, "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

The song I had in mind this morning is "Friends in low places". I know. I know. It is not a nice song, and it certainly has negative aspects that I don't approve of, but please allow me to explain. Thank you.

I have my moments when things go about as wrong as they can. I mean, I am about as low as you can get. It is that point that I would have to get a really tall ladder just to reach the bottom. When I find myself in these low places, it never fails that I have friends that will comfort me and help to see me through.

No matter how bad things seem to be going, I always seem to have friends that will crawl down in the mire with me. They will sit in the pit with me and comfort me. Yes, I have friends in low places. I pray they know that they do, too.

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment