Friday, November 9, 2012

Highest Honor

We are on the precipice of Veterans Day. As a matter of fact, we will have a three day weekend because of the Veterans Day holiday. Schools will not be in session, government offices will be closed, there will be parades and dedications. I pray that we never forget the sacrifices made by so many to grant us the precious freedoms we enjoy.

I have done a lot of stupid things in my life. I have done some things that, looking back, I might have done differently. However, being a veteran is something that gives me a humble pride. I am forever grateful to live in the greatest country in the world, and to have served to protect its greatness.

My service pales in comparison with so many others that gave some and will never compare to those who gave all. I am humbled to sit here and talk about those heroes who thought enough of this country and of me to protect us. Once again, I pray I never forget their great sacrifices.

Today's word is a quote from Gary Hart that says, "I think there is one higher office than the president and I would call that patriot."

I shared with a Sunday school class once that you don't have to be a Christian to be a patriot, but, if you are a Christian, you should be a patriot. GOD has granted us so much, and so many have sacrificed so much to ensure those blessings. Thanks to all the Patriots! GOD Bless you all! GOD Bless America!

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment