Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Clint Eastwood

I having a saying that I use quite often when it comes to someone asking me to do something that I know is outside of my competency. I like to say, "In the words of the great American, Clint Eastwood, a man's gotta know his limitations." That, my friend, is really good advice.

There are a few things that I am fairly decent at, even fewer that I have had some success with, but an innumerable amount of things that I will completely and totally botch. I have tried a lot of things and failed, but I keep trying. But, those things that I KNOW I can't do, I will tell you that I can't do them. Those few things that I do fairly well, I know where that comes from too.

Today's word is 2 Corinthians 3:5, NIV, which reads, "Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from GOD."

What little bit of talent or ability that I possess is a gift from GOD. I can take no credit for what few things I can do. Now, I have tried to take those things and hone them and improve them and practice them and get better at them, BUT, they are from GOD. I can't take credit for the gifts GOD has given me; I can own them, I can use them, I can make sure I do not waste them, but they are gifts from GOD, and He deserves the credit.

Don't try to do someone else's gift because, it is theirs. Look, do what you are good at. Give GOD the credit for making you good at what you are good at. Then, remember Clint for the rest - "a man's gotta know his limitations."

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment