Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dependency

There are some things that are absolutely essential for life: oxygen, water, food, shelter, sleep, JESUS. Just as I need oxygen to promote a healthy and sustainable life, I, too, need JESUS to help me live a fulfilled and complete life. I depend on Him.

When I think about my dependency on JESUS, I am not ashamed at how much I need Him, at how much I desire Him, at how much I have to have Him. JESUS is Who gets me through the hardest times and makes the good times even better. I am hooked on JESUS.

My thought for today was fueled by a quote from Roy Lessin, which says, "Depend on JESUS for everything. There is nothing in the fruitful Christian life that you can do without Him...you can never be too dependent."

I mean, here's the deal, if you want to live a fulfilling Christian life, it starts with JESUS. You may say, "Well, I shouldn't bother JESUS with this little petty problem." The fact is that if it concerns you, it concerns JESUS. And, if it is troubling you and bothering you, it isn't a petty problem. And, if you are having difficulty finding a solution, why not ask the One Who is in charge of it all.

I say all this, today, knowing that I truly have my shortcomings and struggles with depending on anyone. I mean, I'm a man; I'll figure it out. But, the cold hard fact is that I NEED JESUS. I NEED Him to get me through. I NEED Him to help me be what I need to be. I am dependent. How about you?

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

No comments:

Post a Comment