Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Plans

I've heard it said that if you want to hear GOD laugh just tell Him your plans. I am sure that GOD has received quite a few laughs at my planning. I am also sure that He has probably sat there and thought, "That boy will never learn." He is still working on me, and He has His hands full.

Don't get me wrong, we need to make plans. If you wait until the year you want to retire to start planning your retirement, you are going to come up lacking. If you wait until the last week of your senior year of high school to start sending out college entrance applications, you are WAY behind.

On the other hand, if you sit there without ever being in a certain situation and say, "Oh, if this ever happened to me, I would do such and such." You just never know. It is important to make plans and contingency plans but it is more important to realize Who is in control.

Our word for the day comes from Proverbs 19:21, NIV, which reads, "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD'S purpose that prevails."

It is important to make plans and to be prepared. It is foolish to think that our plans are more important and "better" than GOD'S. GOD has the absolute best planned for His children; all we have to do is follow His plan. If you ever want to hear GOD laugh, tell Him your plans...

Be Blessed,
Mickey T

1 comment:

  1. I can think of times too, that I not only told God my plans, but tried to explain to Him why my plans were better than His. Duh! Like I can see the whole picture the way He can! I hope God thinks I'm amusing, at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete